Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Flag Day!!

Next to Christmas and St. Patrick's Day the Fourth of July is probably my favorite holiday. It is right in the middle of summer (my happy time) and it is always celebrated with family and friends, good food, games, fireworks, cake walks and of course a parade! 

I know it is not here yet, and I am not wishing away the summer, but Flag Day always starts to get me in the patriotic mood! I start thinking about different ways to incorporate the flag into my house decor, a different place or way to hang a flag, what to use for the table settings and how to decorate my cake for the cake walk! 

When we were little my mom would dress us up for the Fairhaven Fourth of July Parade as either suffragettes, the actual flag (just the flag wrapped around our body) or the statue of Liberty (which made the local paper!). I will have to dig up these old photos and will share on the actual 4th of July! In the meantime here are some flag images to get you inspired!  

Francois Halard 

Fedex Field- September 11, 2011

My brother Pat and the kids at Summer Winds

Rappfest View

Annual Booze Cruise on the Potomac


Richard Phibbs

Flag Wall

A Hinckley with a flag on the back- it does not get much better! 

Abstract flag painting

Tabletop 

I like when flags are casually hung like this one.







No comments:

Post a Comment